Thursday, February 5, 2009

Barometer

I think it's interesting to note the following: you can measure a person's stress level/happiness level by how often they are posting. Sometimes. At least, I know it's true in my case. As shown in my previous post, there have been many weeks of worrying about other things, and creating a new blog post was not a priority - at all. Actually, it's never a priority - let me make that clear. But there are periods of time that allow my brain to ponder life, and then share it. I don't expect that I could explain something to all of you unless I can make some sense of it myself. Thus, I'm posting again. This must be a "good" time period in my life.

This afternoon on the drive home (it takes 45 mins to an hour) I decided to call my aunt/friend, Cathy. It seems to be a good use of the time driving, although while talking to her, I "ran" one of those little red lights at the "on ramp" of the 202. Oops. I did stop, even though I "go'd" before the green light flashed on. Anyway, the rest of the drive was very safe. I called Cathy to get the report on her girls and their kids. I always ask for the rundown, and try to remember any ongoing news that needs updating. I visualize it like a game board - I must know how all the pieces are moving along. Ok, maybe not a game board, but still, I like to know how everyone is doing. I always enjoy talking to Cathy.

So remember my last post about Changes? Well, I have another change coming up. I got a new calling at church. I can't talk about it freely yet, but let me say that I'm really excited. I have spent a lot of time thinking about the last few months since the change of our ward boundries and my calling as the Primary chorister. There have been several interesting encounters that have given me some exposure to people and events, and all these have led to my new calling. I've had many moments of understanding the "why" of many things. And it makes me smile, because when I realize those little "hints", I think of smiling up to heaven and saying "Ohhhh...now I get it", like Heavenly Father is smiling back at me, with a look of "See, I know what I'm doing." I guess this is a life lesson reminder for me. I do not see "the distant scene", but if I try to follow the "kindly light", step by step, I will eventually get to the right spot. For now.

So hopefully soon I will be able to talk about the next change.

4 comments:

Melinda Palmer said...

I bet I know what it is...

Anonymous said...

Ok... so on your next drive home, CALL ME! You know I would love to talk too. Plus I was wondering if you could help me out with my kids next sunday, but if you have a new calling, you may not be able to. Oh, and they split our ward today. WAAAHHH!

Caroline said...

Hey Judy,

It's nice to catch up with your life.

We want to come visit everyone sometime. We are having cabin fever with the 6 month winters.

Poppa and Grandma Netty said...

Judy, everytime I look up and smile and think "oh, I see what you are doing" life throws me a curve ball. I feign any knowledge of knowing the big picture....and then pray that He will just walk me through it all.
A lady made a comment in church today "If you keep your expectations low you will never be disappointed." This was in regards to life in general and the people that surround you. I have a problem with that. I expect and always have expected a lot from life and alot from my family. Even though Jeff always advised..."you'd be much happier if you would lower your expectations." I guess I'm doomed for unhappiness........
Jeanette
Just sharing thoughts..hummmmm.