Monday, May 4, 2009

Alright already!

Why do we put so much pressure on ourselves to keep posting! I guess it's some sort of "exchange" system...If I'm going to read someones blog (make a withdrawal), then I'm obligated to write something new (make a deposit). Although not many of my family are blogging lately, I'll still make my contribution.

So, 2 months...where do I begin?
*I got a new, permanent job - still in the mortgage industry. Turns out that there really is more business when you aren't solely focused on a Builder.
* I had 2 kidney stone episodes, one which landed me in the hospital for 2.5 days. Gotta love the morphine. Whatever did they do in the olden days for pain? Fortunately, I passed the "stone", or should I say "fleck of whatever". I was very unimpressed with the amount of pain I endured for such a teeny bit of....well, whatever. I guess it's the closest I'll ever come to giving birth. Except that if I gave birth, I'm sure I'd be impressed with the result.
* I experienced extreme job stress. Try starting a new job and landing in the hospital on day 5, taking morphine for 2.5 days, then going back to work. Really does a number on the brain. I had to pretend like I really understood what was going on, when most of the time I was working on getting all my little brain connections to re-connect. Was it the drugs? Hmmmm.
* General Conf: We camped out again, and can I tell you? It was fa-reeeeezzzing! I don't care how cold it is in Canada. Fifty-seven degrees is stinkin' cold here in Arizona. I worried about the girls all night long. And I confess, the next night I slept inside. It was 47 that night. I enjoyed the weekend other than tha.
* Oxycotin: Can I say that I tried to take 2, but I didn't keep them down. I guess I just wasn't meant for anything stronger than Tylenol at home.

Now I'm having random thoughts...
* Chloe (who is 2 years old) knows just how to ask for what she wants. She uses the teeniest, tiniest little voice to say "A mimi?", which means she wants to watch a couple of songs from the movie Mamma Mia. Most of the time, I say yes. Or "A pock?", which means she wants to listen to "Popcorn Popping" on the computer. Most of the time, I say yes. Or "A sistuh?", which means she wants to watch the parody of the Lennon sisters from Lawrence Welk on Hulu...you know "with my by myself". Most of the time, I say yes. What I love most is when she stands in front of me, puts her arms up and says "A hoju", which means "please hold me". Most of the time, I say yes.

Mom just loaded the dishwasher, and now she's mopping the floor. It's 9:30 at night. She must be working towards that Mother's Day gift. Just kidding, MOM!!

So if I think of anything else that happened in the last 2 months, you'll have to wait a few weeks to hear about it. Anyone out there posting lately? Helloooooooooooo?

5 comments:

Melinda Palmer said...

Nice to hear from you again! I am a reader and not a writer!!! Sorry! But, this post did inspire me to make a deposit too! Sorry to hear about the kidney stones. I'm glad you're doing better! Are we doing LL'09??

Melinda Palmer said...

The answer to the crazy weather is...she was in the hot tub!!

Christensen said...

Judy, I've given birth and had kidney stones. I would have to say kidney stones were worse and I had drugs with both. I'm glad you are doing better!

Cait and Ben said...

Awww I can totally see Chloe saying those. Spot on, spot on.

Considering you still have the same job - they must like you! Kidney stones and all.

Lara said...

We're not doing LL 09 we are doing FL 09.