Monday, January 28, 2008

It Finally Happened

Well, I was going to post last night so that I could keep up with my "once a week" posting goal. However, our evening was filled with trying to find out information about Pres. Hinckley. It was very interesting how quickly the news spread. We do live in an amazing age of technology. While knowing that he could go at any time, once it happened it was a jolt to the system. Poor man, every time he got up to speak, we all evaluated how much he had aged in the last few months. I read in one of the articles about him that he prayed that he wouldn't "linger" in his old age. How wonderful that he was productive up to the very end. There are so many thoughts that I have about him, and about the organization of the church. I am looking forward to his funeral. I remember when Pres. Kimball died and the first thought I had was that he would be reunited with his mother who had passed away when he was a boy of 10 or 11. He missed her so much. When I was born, David O. McKay was president of the church. He is the prophet who issued the call to Pres Hinckley as an Asst to the Twelve in 1958. I will give one piece of advice: If you have not already read Pres Hinckley's biography by Sheri Dew, read it. If you have read it, read it again. He is an amazing man.

No comments: