Monday, January 14, 2008

Status quo

I have had a pretty good week (knock on wood!). Last Thursday some of us went to the temple. We are trying to have a monthly family temple night. Ben and Caitlin came - it was their 2nd time. Nice to be there for them. We ran into Kathy Melchin, Wade's wife. She told us that their daughter, Bridgette, is in the MTC on her way to Lithuania on a mission. Lithuania? Oh my goodness!

Friday, I went to dinner with Becky, Zack and Jennifer at Native New Yorker. Still gotta love those wings! On Saturday, Becky and I drove with Sarah and the little girls up to Camp Verde (north of Phoenix on the way to Flagstaff) for Ben and Caitlin's Open House up there. His parents have a very nice home. They even served us dinner before the party started. It was nice to be around them. Honestly? They seem like they've always been related to us. Very welcoming, very warm, very relaxed visit. We drove home that evening, arriving a little after 11pm. Church is at 8, remember. I felt like my lesson in YW was good. My girls are very active and respond to questions really well. That's always a good feeling. I worry that they are getting bored with me. I've been teaching some of them for over 2 years.

The weather? It's beautiful. Two weeks ago when Ben and Caitlin got married, it was soooo cold! I was really caught off guard. But the last few days have been beautiful. I see the weather reports across the country with blizzards and tornados and I'm thankful that all we have to deal with is the summer heat.

Yesterday in church the speakers were the High Councilor and a Sr missionary couple. Remember my resolution to "thank" the speakers each Sunday? Well, I was successful, I'm proud to say. I didn't even have to fake it - I told them "thank you so much for coming out so early for us." Actually, the talks were ok, too. Missionary work. Go figure.

Mom is in Dallas for another week. The house is really quiet without her. I turned on a light in her room so it wouldn't be so dark in there. When I went in, I noticed there is a crossword puzzle on her bed, a definate sign that she's been there. But not for a week. I've been able to speak with her almost every day, and she's not as far away as when she was in Panama. And they do speak English in Dallas, so I guess she's ok. It will be nice to have her home. There is something comforting about having her take a little nap on the couch in the evening. We'll have to plan a dinner out next Monday when she comes home!

If I think about it, I'll try to get some pics on here when I get home.

3 comments:

Lara said...

I finally went and got my mail and there was my calendar. Wow it's awesome! You must have spent a lot of time and $ on that. Thank you, thank you. Andy called me the other night just to chat. It was nice.

Sarah W. said...

Let me know where we are going out for dinner and I will be there!!! Oh wait, can you watch my kids for me while I go. Ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.