Sunday, January 20, 2008

Once a week

Life is back to...normal? Mom came home yesterday, a couple of days earlier than expected. That was a nice surprise for us. We went out to Native New Yorker for chicken wings with Jennifer after picking up Mom at the airport. I know she (Mom) was tired from the exhausting visit she had in Dallas. She said she got to visit with most of the cousins while there and because she was there for almost 2 weeks, there was plenty of time to have some nice relaxed visits with Mary and Jesse and Uncle Ed (Julie was in Japan).

Today in church our speaker was a young man who is leaving in 10 days for his mission in Bolivia. This is a boy that had always stood out in a quiet, yet strong way among the other young men in our ward. He is confident, happy, and has no problem expressing his testimony of the gospel. In my opinion, he is a young man who not only meets the raised bar, I think he helped to raise it even more. I will be interested to see his progression, not only on his mission, but after. One thing that I enjoyed the most about his talk today is that he wasn't silly at all. He has a great sense of humor, but that doesn't mean you have to be silly. He isn't one of those young men that seems like a "boy" before his mission and then comes home a "man". I predict that he will come home a little older and with some wonderful experiences to share. But he is already a very strong leader and an excellent example of being 100% ready to go on a mission.

As you may or may not be aware, the housing market in our area is very slow. People are still buying homes, but at a much slower pace. Much, much slower. I'm am still confident, that I can make it through this slump as long as it picks up by the end of the year. It's scary times. I feel like I'm too old to start a new career, so I'm praying that I can make it through. Anyone need a nanny?

3 comments:

Lara said...

I do!! but I will only accept a Ninny.

Melinda Palmer said...

I do, but it will require you moving to Italy!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Judy! Miss you lady! XOXO Afton